As a global connected technologies leader that is pushing the boundaries of mobility, connectivity and experiences, there is no shortage of innovative ideas or groundbreaking developments at HARMAN. However, it is our people who truly set us apart from the crowd. Our HARMAN team members bring their creativity, passion, and talent to work every day to help develop the advanced technologies that are overcoming barriers and creating exciting and improved consumer experiences. While we’re staying focused on what’s ahead, it’s also important to look back on how far we’ve come. So, as we prepare for the new year we’re also taking a look back at some of the inspiring achievements, milestones, and recognitions our HARMAN leaders and colleagues achieved over the past twelve months…
- Automotive Hall of Fame 2021 Industry Influence Award: The Industry Influence Award recognizes individuals who are inspiring and leading through their actions, innovations and visible positions on uses surrounding the automotive industry and its future. In honor of his work driving the vision and execution of the complete in-car experience through sound, technology and design – including his work on AKG-branded audio systems with Cadillac – Chris Ludwig, Vice President of the EPIC Experience Team, was celebrated for his achievements during an awards and induction ceremony this summer.
- New York CIO of the Year ORBIE Award: This fall, our Chief Digital & Information Officer Nick Parrotta was named the Global Winner of the New York CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards in recognition of his leadership and the hard work and innovative thinking of our digital analytics teams who help keep HARMAN at the forefront of digital transformation.
- Diversity First National Diversity Council Top 50 CIO Award: Our CD&IO Nick Parrotta was also honored by Diversity First’s National Diversity Council with a Top 50 CIO Award – for a second year in a row - for his commitment to making diversity a priority at HARMAN and beyond!
- Best in Business Awards International: Over the course of a year unlike any other, our former Chief Supply Chain & Operations Officer and current Chief of Staff Harry Andersson Bettencourt continued to help guide our teams through every obstacle to help deliver seamless, connected experiences to our customers. His recognition as a silver winner in the Operations executive of the Year category is a testament to his dedication to ensuring the top of the line experiences our customers and consumers depend on.
- Ragan Top Women in Wellness & HR: From overseeing the transition to a new enterprise management system to boosting morale through recognition initiatives and wellness programs, Lori Lampman, our Vice President of Global Rewards, HR Technology & Analytics, remains focused on improving the experiences of our global workforce. It came as no surprise when Lori was named one of this year’s Top Women in Wellness and HR!
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive Women in Supply Chain Awards: Our supply chain team has always been committed to delivering superior experiences to customers. As two of Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s Women in Supply Chain award winners, Lori Duprey, Senior Director of Supply Chain Management, and Lily Guo, Senior Operations Executive, never faltered in their leadership and guidance as we continued to overcome the challenges of the past year.
- Diversity Journal Asian Leaders Worth Watching: Our team members bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to work every day to help HARMAN develop the technologies that enhance life’s experiences. This year, Kelei Shen, Chief Technology Officer, and Lily Guo, Senior Operations Executive, were recognized for their leadership and thoughtful guidance by Diversity Journal’s Asian Leaders Worth Watching.
- Diversity Journal Women Worth Watching in Leadership: As a reflection of their talent, courage, persistence, and generosity of spirit, Lori Lampman, our Vice President of Global Rewards, HR Technology & Analytics, and Katrin Schneider, Senior Vice President of System Test & Validation were both named to Diversity Journal’s Women Worth Watching in Leadership list! Their efforts to help empower women across the organization and spearhead DE&I efforts are helping make a real difference.
- Diversity Journal Women Worth Watching in STEM: Last spring, Gunjan Singh, Vice President of Android Platform Engineering/Product Delivery, was named to Diversity Journal’s Women Worth Watching in STEM in recognition of her out-of-the-box approach for complex problem solving. Thanks to her extensive technical know-how, strategic big-picture thinking, and customer service expertise, Gunjan is instrumental in delivering state-of-the-art infotainment, Bluetooth, and connectivity solutions to automakers.
- Diversity Journal Black Leaders Worth Watching: The recognitions don’t stop there – this winter, Michael Craig, Senior Marketing Director, Global Lifestyle/Gaming/IoT Brands, will be profiled in the upcoming winter issue of Diversity Journal as one of their Black Leaders Worth Watching! With over 20 years of experience as both a leader in marketing and engineering, Michael is being honored for his transformative leadership overseeing creative brand development.
This list is just a snapshot of the many impressive innovators, engineers, designers, developers, and leaders across our organization who received an award or honor this year. Congratulations are in order for all our HARMAN team members around the world for their skills, milestones, and achievements over the last twelve months! We’re looking forward to another year of pushing the envelope, discovering exciting innovations, breaking new records, and more.